Gas Water Heater
If you have a natural gas pipeline on your street or heat your home with propane, a gas water heater might be just the thing.
Here are a few good reasons to go with gas when you have that option:
- Gas water heaters are typically easy to install.
- They’re cheaper to operate than electric – typically about one-third less.
- Propane is more expensive than natural gas, but still significantly cheaper than electric.
- Gas water heaters recover much more quickly than electric water heaters. And that’s great news if you have morning “rush hour” with everyone trying to shower and get out the door as quickly as possible.
Plus, with a wide range of tank sizes to fit every family’s needs and new features that weren’t available when you purchased your current system, gas is a great choice.
Electric Water Heater
If your street doesn’t have a natural gas line to feed off, and you’re not a fan of propane, then of course – you’re going to continue to heat your water with electricity. And if that’s the case, you already know about the benefits of electric water heaters.
But let’s say you’re thinking about switching from natural gas or propane to electric. What can you look forward to?
- With no gas to turn on, they’re easier to operate and manage
- Electric units use most of their energy to heat the water, thus making it more energy efficient than gas.
- Lower upfront cost, but higher monthly operating cost.
- More eco-friendly than gas.
- Longer life expectancy.
There’s more to the story of gas vs. electric, all of which we’ll be happy to share with you. But remember this – whatever your choice might be, rest assured that with Zach Heating & Cooling on your home comfort team, you can look forward to a steady supply of hot water for your current and future needs. Call today for a free proposal.