Heating System Problems | Furnace Repair Symptoms
Here are the most common symptoms that all is not well on the home heating front:
- System Age – A furnace should last an average of 12-15 years but can start its steady decline much earlier if it hasn’t been properly maintained or correctly installed.
- Faulty Pilot Light or Ignition – If there’s a problem with either, chances are your furnace won’t even start.
- Clogged Air Filters – Not only can unclean air filters increase your energy consumption and power costs, but they can damage your furnace’s limit switch, which controls the fan.
- Cracked Heat Exchanger – If you over-heat your house or if you don’t keep up with air filter replacement, your heat exchanger could crack. This can cause unhealthy levels of carbon monoxide to spread throughout your home and usually requires heat exchanger replacement.
- Noisy Operation – Are you hearing a popping, pinging or rattling noise coming from your furnace? Rattling is usually related to loose furnace while pinging or popping noises are likely due to damaged ductwork.
What do these and other furnace problems have in common? Zach Heating & Cooling can diagnose and fix them all.
So, when your heating isn’t up to par or not working at all, make the call to Zach’s. We’re always here to help.